Featured Post

Daily Project திருக்குறள்

Dear Readers / Friends, http://DailyProjectThirukkural.blogspot.com/    By interpreting various meanings for every word in a Thirukkur...

July 22, 2013

Do you think, like others, I'll fall down ?

The below poem by Mahakavi Subramaniya Bharathiyar is one of the best poems I have read. These lines take us to give a deep thought about our actions. It is highly inspiring to lead a meaningful life. I am striving hard to make a positive change for myself but others.

தேடிச் சோறுநிதந் தின்று - பல
சின்னஞ் சிறுகதைகள் பேசி - மனம்
வாடித் துன்பமிக உழன்று - பிறர்
வாடப் பலசெயல்கள் செய்து - நரை
கூடிக் கிழப்பருவ மெய்தி - கொடுங்
கூற்றுக் கிரையெனப்பின் மாயும் - பல
வேடிக்கை மனிதரைப் போலே - நான்
வீழ்வே னென்று நினைத் தாயோ?

நின்னைச் சிலவரங்கள் கேட்பேன் - அவை
நேரே இன்றெனக்குத் தருவாய் - என்றன்
முன்னைத் தீயவினைப் பயன்கள் - இன்னும்
மூளா தழிந்திடுதல் வேண்டும் - இனி
என்னைப் புதியவுயி ராக்கி - எனக்
கேதுங் கவலையறச் செய்து - மதி
தன்னை மிகத்தெளிவு செய்து - என்றும்
சந்தோஷங் கொண்டிருக்கச் செய்வாய்...

              - மகாகவி சுப்ரமணிய பாரதியார்

Translation:
Searching for and having food daily,
And chattering with lots of small talk,
With the mind suffering in pain,
And your deeds making others suffer as well,
Then you age and become old ,
And face the grim reaper in death.
Like lots of other people,
Do you think I'll fall down?

I shall ask you a few boons ,
You shall directly grant me those.
Any evil deeds in my past and their effects,
Shall not come back to life again.
Hereby shall I be given a new life
With no worries for me.
Give me a clarity of thought ,
And making me happy forever.
- (Originally poem written by) - Mahakavi (Great Poet) Subramaniya Bharathiyar

Translation Courtesy: Thought Trickles

Translation 2: (Courtesy: Dhilip Shiva/newmaldentamilschool.org.uk)
Search! Search for food every day!
Speak! Speak of unwanted things through out!
Worry! Worry myself with thoughts!
Hurt! Hurt others in the way of pointless things!
Get! Get old day by day!
Die! Succumb to vileness, die and finally go without a trace!
I am not them! I am not you(them)!
Don’t you ever dare to think that, I would give up! I never give up! ​

பொருள்தனைப் போற்றி வாழ்.
Meaning: Do not spend naively. Protect and enhance your wealth.

No comments:

Post a Comment