Featured Post

Daily Project திருக்குறள்

Dear Readers / Friends, http://DailyProjectThirukkural.blogspot.com/    By interpreting various meanings for every word in a Thirukkur...

September 11, 2010

Madurai

Last month I was in Madurai for a marriage. I started the day with simple, classy, authentic South-Indian Idli (with three chutneys)  at famous Murugan Idli Shop. I met couple of my ex-colleagues and friends. Had a walk around the Madurai Meenakshi Amman temple. This temple is simply a marvelous construction. I really had a great time in capturing the high storied temple towers and the idols in my camera. At the foot of the temple towers there were many flower shops. They were selling Jasmine (முல்லை & ஜாதி மல்லி) in typical fashion. I liked the way they arrange it. I could find out a very good Tamil Literature book shop (Sarvodhaya Ilakkiya Pannai) wherde there were many books which I normally don't find in my town. In the evening I and our friends had a high thenir (thenir and delicious Bonda, Bajji) in a shop. On the whole the trip was awesome.  











5 comments:

  1. ey... kalakura poo...

    ReplyDelete
  2. didnt know ppl got "high" even on "tea" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey bagu ..
    Is it our "Wings Dada" at the last foto ??

    -Thiru

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice..especially the pics and its clarity :) and thanks for couple of pics.. ;) :p

    ReplyDelete